Bay Area Geriatric Care Managers has earned a robust reputation for providing CARE in our care management as we take time to build meaningful relationships with our seniors. The core value of our Care Management Services is fully realized by families when we are brought in to counsel and guide before a crisis or major life management decision has been made. We will develop a plan incorporating the needs of your extended family, the personality and nuances of your senior as well as available resources.
Through a series of initial, hands-on assessments, we can competently determine the level of assistance that would best suit their needs while fostering a positive, empowered sense of personal well being—one full of happiness, autonomy and safety.
As your geriatric care managers we:
- Work closely with your loved one while aiming to foster a positive, empowered sense of well being and ensure optimal quality of care.
- Serve as a senior advocate and problem solver ensuring that their voice is heard and their dignity preserved. We acknowledge strengths and offer levels of involvement, as needed, that best suits your loved one’s needs.
- Work for the families, whether they’re living local or at a distance, as their professional stand-in relative deciphering the confusion about what’s best, what’s safe and in the best interest of their loved ones.
- Assess best caregiver-senior relationship(whether agency or privately hired), provide oversight to ensure optimal communications & performance, and facilitate a healthy caregiver senior relationship.
- Are the liaison between the senior, their families, the medical professionals, and community resources; the moderator ensuring fluid communications and accountability flowing between everyone involved so no details are missed.
- Educate, counsel, and coach families through the overwhelming landscape of dementia and discovering what’s best for supporting their loved one.
- Recognize small behavioral, physical, or cognitive changes that anticipate future needs
- Facilitate the decision making process of choosing community living or staying at home. If community life is chosen we can offer guidelines in choosing the most appropriate community for your senior. To ensure impartiality we do not accept commissions from senior facilities. Once a move is eminent, we work closely with our clients to prepare them for the emotional transition and facilitate a smooth, positive, experience.
- Offer compassionate care & crisis intervention- 24/7.
- Can be at our senior’s bedside to help them through a difficult emotional time.
CARE MANAGEMENT services provided in the San Francisco Peninsula Bay Area to our seniors living in Atherton, Belmont, Burlingame, Foster City, Hillsborough, Los Altos, Menlo Park, Millbrae, Palo Alto, Portola Valley, Redwood City, San Carlos, San Mateo and Woodside. These cities define our region where we can provide on-going relationships and proper attention with quick response time of personally addressing needs. Other services can be provided outside the above service area where we are not acting as the professional stand-in relative or hub for client care needs such as our personal coaching and wellness services.
Give us a call and together we can discover how you and your loved one may benefit from our experience and care.